Our U15 members drive research excellence in Canada and around the world. As a collective of Canada’s 15 research-intensive universities, The U15 is a vital member of the international research community.
In 2014, The U15 joined the Global Network, a group of networks of research-intensive universities. The Global Network connects us to top research-intensive universities from around the world.
Our partners in the Global Network include the:
• Association of American Universities (AAU);
• Association of East Asian Research Universities (AEARU);
• C9 League (China);
• German U15;
• Group of Eight (Go8) Australia;
• Hong Kong 3;
• League of European Research Universities (LERU);
• RU11 (Japan); and
• Russell Group (UK).
As a member of the Global Network, The U15 has committed to advancing the interests of university research on the world stage. The U15 has joined its Global Network partners as a signatory of:
• the Hefei Statement on the characteristics of contemporary research universities;
• the Leiden Statement on the role of the social sciences and humanities in the global research landscape;
• the Shanghai Statement on the critical role of research-intensive universities in global innovation ecosystems; and
• the Tokyo Statement on the need for long and substantial investments in frontier research at research-intensive universities.
• the Sorbonne Declaration on research data rights