Our U15 members drive research excellence in Canada and around the world. As a collective of Canada’s 15 research-intensive universities, The U15 is a vital member of the international research community.
In 2014, The U15 joined the Global Network, a group of networks of research-intensive universities. The Global Network connects us to top research-intensive universities from around the world.
Our partners in the Global Network include the:
- Association of American Universities (AAU);
- Association of East Asian Research Universities (AEARU);
- German U15;
- Group of Eight (Go8) Australia;
- Hong Kong 3;
- League of European Research Universities (LERU);
- RU11 (Japan); and
- Russell Group (UK).
As a member of the Global Network, The U15 has committed to advancing the interests of university research on the world stage. The U15 has joined its Global Network partners as a signatory of:
- the Hefei Statement on the characteristics of contemporary research universities;
- the Leiden Statement on the role of the social sciences and humanities in the global research landscape;
- the Shanghai Statement on the critical role of research-intensive universities in global innovation ecosystems; and
- the Tokyo Statement on the need for long and substantial investments in frontier research at research-intensive universities.
- the Sorbonne Declaration on research data rights
- the Joint Udice-U15 Canada Statement on sharing a common vision of strengthening the scientific and academic partnership between France and Canada
- the Joint U15 Canada and German U15 Statement on strategic collaboration